Open and Distance Learning and the Creation of a Knowledge Society in Zimbabwe
The presentation focuses on Open and Distance learning and the creation of a knowledge society in Zimbabwe and addresses the following issues-:
- What is a Knowledge society?
- How do people join this knowledge society?
- Open and distance learning as a national strategy of enhancing the knowledge society
- What tools does ODL require in enhancing the knowledge society?
- What challenges should we address as ODL practitioners to enhance the creation of Knowledge societies?
Zimbabwe University Libraries Consortium (ZULC)International Conference on " Open Access and Creating a Knowledge Society", held at the Crowne Plaza Monomatapa Hotel, Harare, Zimbabwe,24 - 26 April, 2006