ACDE Goodwill Ambassadors
Pursuant to the resolution of the 21st ACDE Executive Board Meeting held on 23rd February 2013 in Nairobi and upon receiving acceptance of the nominations from the named candidates, the following have been appointed as ACDE Goodwill Ambassadors with effect from 1st June 2013.
- Prof. Barney Pityana; former Principal & Vice-Chancellor, UNISA. Inaugural Chairman, ACDE Executive Board. Currently, Rector; College of Transfiguration; Grahams Town. South Africa.
- Prof. Ezra Maritim; former Vice-Chancellor, Egerton University. Inaugural Secretary General, ACDE Executive Board. Currently, Professor; Southern African Centre of Specialization in Teacher Education; Open University of Tanzania.
- Prof. Nuhu Yaqub; former Vice-Chancellor, University of Abuja. Former Chairman, ACDE Executive Board. Recently appointed Vice-Chancellor, Sokoto State University, Nigeria.
- Prof. Olugbemiro Jegede; former Vice-Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria. Former Chairman, ACDE Executive Board, former Secretary General of AAU. Recently, Secretary to the Government of Kogi State, Nigeria.
- Prof. James Adelabu; Vice-Chancellor University of Abuja. Former Chairman, ACDE Executive Board.
- Prof. Tolly S. A. Mbwette; Vice-Chancellor, Open University of Tanzania. President, ACDE Executive Board.
- Prof. Vincent Tenebe; Vice-Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria. Member, ACDE Executive Board.
- Prof. Dickson Mwansa; Vice-Chancellor, Zambian Open University.
- Prof. Olive Mugenda; Vice-Chancellor, Kenyatta University. Member, ACDE Executive Board.
- Prof. Primrose Kurasha; Vice-Chancellor, Zimbabwe Open University. Member, ACDE Executive Board.
- Mrs. Alice Sena Lamptey; Higher Education Technical Advisor and Co-ordinator, ADEA-WGHE African Union Commission (Human Resource, Science and Technology).
The appointment is for a period of 5 years; and terms of reference are to:
- Promote the image of ACDE as a continental pan African educational institution committed to expanding access to quality education and training through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) including e-learning.
- Enhance the profile and sustainability of ACDE by lobbying national governments, regional and international organizations to support the institutions.
- Undertake any such activities as may be deemed fit in achieving the aforementioned.
Prepared by ACDE Secretariat, Nairobi
Monday 10th June, 2013